MANILA, Philippines – Celebrated on July 28 each year, World Nature Conservation Day recognizes that a healthy environment is the foundation for a stable and productive society and to ensure the well-being of present and future generations, we all must participate to protect, conserve, and sustainably manage our natural resources.
We all depend on natural resources like water, air, soil, minerals, trees, animals, food, and gas to live our daily lives.
The state of nature has an impact on human survival, local and global economics, community life, human health and wellbeing. On this day, let us make a conscious effort to contribute to the local, national, and global efforts in conserving nature and the benefits they provide for the present and future generations.
Tips on saving natural resources:
1. Unplug the appliances that are rarely used. Unplug your chargers when you' re not charging your cell phones, digital camera, laptops and other gadgets. Keep them unplugged until you require them.
2. Switch off the lights when you leave a room. Follow this thing at office as well. One can use energy saving lights at their place to save energy.
3. Make sure that you use recycle products such as - newspaper, office paper, cardboard, aluminum, glass, tin, steel, plastic, batteries and everything else possible. It is because it helps in saving natural resources.
4. People should grow more and more trees to save natural resources. Trees help people to breathe. It has become really essential to stop deforestation and encroachment as people overexploit the natural resources for their personal benefit.
5. People should start using and promoting non conventional sources of energy like solar energy. It is because it is infinite, saves our environment problem and it is one of the most lucrative ways to satisfy the giant energy needs of human being.